Diploma of Leadership and Management
Diploma of Leadership and Management - BSB50420
This accredited qualification will empower leaders and managers to lead high performing teams to achieve operational success. Whether it’s management and leadership, specialised operations, or broader capabilities such as creativity and innovation, you will help teams become more productive, innovative and competitive.
With the increasing demand for sound practical skills and capabilities required of modern managers today, this course focuses on both current and real world management issues and future emerging leadership capabilities. Encouraging you to think differently, this program will give you the skills, knowledge and tools you need for optimum management success in the workplace. From day one you will be able to use and integrate the assessments and tools into your existing role or organisation.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB50420) is a nationally recognised training program (RTO Provider Number: 45061).
- Implement systems and process that support the personal and professional development of self and others.
- Identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources present and negotiate persuasively, lead and participate in meetings and make presentations to customers, clients and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and use emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the workplace.
- Develop project plans, administer and monitor projects, finalise and review the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
- Lead diversity for a work area.
- Establish and manage processes and procedures to support workplace relationships.
- Lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation.
- Develop critical and creative thinking skills in others within a workplace context.
- Manage the performance of staff.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of operational plans to support efficient and effective workplace practices and organisational productivity and profitability.
- Develop strategies to manage organisational systems.
- Create an environment that enables and supports a holistic approach to the integration of innovation.
Over 12 months you will complete twelve units of competency clustered in the following four modules –
Module 1 – Personal Insights
Module 2 – Workplace Effectiveness
Module 3 – Team Growth
Module 4 – Operational Excellence
Is this program suited to your needs? View
This course suits any professional seeking to progress their career in leadership and management and development capability and skills to lead high performing teams in roles such as:
- Team leaders
- Operations managers
- Aspiring managers
- Staff with direct reports
- Project coordinators
- Office managers
- Retail or Corporate Services managers
Acquire knowledge and skills designed for today’s leaders and managers
You’ll learn using course material and examples drawing from real-life leadership and management examples and scenarios.
Earn a nationally accredited qualification
Once you’ve successfully completed the course, you’ll gain a leadership and management qualification recognised anywhere in Australia.
Apply your learning
Learn practical leadership and management strategies and techniques that you can apply to your current work environment immediately.
Access flexible study options
Learn on demand and at your own pace. Study fully online via our learning management system and attend live online webinars with the trainer. (We can also tailor this course delivery to your organisation or team, specific to your business needs for closed company groups).
There are no academic prerequisites required to apply for the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- If you have not completed an Australian Year 12 qualification OR the equivalent at an overseas institution, you may be contacted to complete a language, literacy and numeracy test.
- Working in an environment with access to projects is preferable.
- Access to computer and internet facilities.
There are a range of assessment methods used for summative assessments. At the completion of each module you are required to submit the associated assessments.
Independent assessment tasks to assess a student’s knowledge of the subject, can include:
- Written answer questions
- Written answer questions based on case study or scenario
- Other evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. screenshots, pictures, images etc.)
Workplace simulation tasks to help observe and assess a student’s performance and skills, including
- Written answer questions based on case study or simulation
- Production of documents, presentations or spreadsheets
- Portfolio of evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. audio or video recordings, project work, research assignments etc.)
Recognition of prior learning introduction View
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of a particular application for credit.
Credit Transfer (CT) applies where credit is granted for the successful completion of unit(s) undertaken at a Registered Training Organisation. The unit(s) must be the same or deemed equivalent in order for credit transfer to apply.
RPL fees are equivalent to the standard tuition fees for each of the unit(s) for which RPL is sought.
Program inclusions View
Your program, your choice - choose your own structure.*
- Face-to-face workshops delivered at your workplace
- Interactive online activities
- Regular webinars to continue engagement
- Emotional Intelligence testing
- Behavioural style identification and application
- Group progress reports
- Assessments using various workplace projects
*as long as it meets compliance requirements
When are my classes? View
This course is delivered in an online, self-paced learning environment, with clear guidance and regular support provided by the trainer. There are seven modules which are scheduled roughly 6-8 weeks apart. Each module has two trainer led live zoom sessions, scheduled in the early evening after work hours. A one-hour webinar at the start of each module and a one hour drop in study group approximately 4 weeks later. Both the webinar and study group sessions are recorded via zoom and uploaded to the learning management system to watch in your own time, however, we strongly advise you attend these zoom sessions, as interaction with the trainer and your peers, and the opportunity to ask questions, will support your learning experience.
Meet our trainer
Shireen Noble specialises in leadership and management programs tailored to corporate clients. Shireen makes learning interesting and relevant, and she cares about the development of her students. She never loses sight of the results driven focus of learning and she inspires her students to achieve their goals.
Ready to take the next step?