ICT Professional Year
Finished your ICT degree and ready to start your career?
Broaden your employment opportunities with our job readiness program.
Our classes will be delivered in real time, allowing interaction with your classmates and your highly skilled Professional Year trainers.
The ICT Professional Year Program is currently being delivered via the virtual classroom. This is a temporary measure during Covid-19, and will return to face to face classroom delivery as per the government and ACS directives.The virtual classroom allows us to deliver the ICT Professional Year Program to you via Moodle and Zoom, providing a high-quality learning experience. Our classes will be delivered in real time, allowing interaction with your classmates and your highly skilled Professional Year trainers.
Why choose us?
We're a step in the pathway for 485 visa holders seeking permanent residency under the general skilled migration program (GSM).
- The program delivery and internship duration of the PY Program is 44 weeks (not including Public Holiday, Christmas and Easter breaks).
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning for the duration of your enrolment in the program
- Free professional development workshops and networking events
- Ongoing career counselling; before and during the program and after graduation
- Free access to our Recruitment Service, Monash Talent to assist you in securing employment
- Students are required to attend an online ACS orientation and a Monash Professional Year Provider Orientation
- As part of the PE Program students are required to undertake a PE online course that is undertaken concurrently with Internship
To receive a Professional Year certification participant must have a 100% attendance record, complete the required assessment tasks and a internship placement. Please note completion of the Professional Year Program does not guarantee permanent residency
- The duration of a Monash Sourced, use of Own Employment or Self Sourced internships must meet the following key criteria:
- Must be undertaken over a minimum of 10 weeks,
- Must include a minimum of 220 vocational placement hours;
- ACS recommends an internship duration of 3 days per week over 12 weeks
All placements must meet the definition of a vocational placement under the Fair Work Act 2009 and meet other relevant workplace relations laws.