Engineering Eligibility and Application Information
Before you start
To be eligible for the Professional Year Engineering program, you must have:
- Obtained or applied for a subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa* with at least 12 months left on the visa from commencement of the Professional Year Program
- An academic transcript and completion letter of an Engineering degree from an Australian or recognised overseas institution (minimum 2 years duration)
- An engineering related Australian qualification completed in the past two years if you are holding an overseas engineering qualification that is over four years old
- A Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) outcome letter or receipt from Engineers Australia. If the MSA outcome is unsuccessful, EEA will provide a pro-rata refund based on the number of classes attended, less a $350 administration fee. Please check EEA's application form T&C for further detail.
- English Test results from one of the below testing centres.
|IELTS||6.0||No band less than 5.0||No band less than 5.0||No band less than 5.0||No band less than 5.0|
|PTE - A||50||No score below 36||No score below 36||No score below 36||No score below 36|
|TOEFL - iBT||64||4||4||14||14|
*Offshore university graduates holding 476 visa may be eligible to complete the Professional Year in Engineering
Applications for the Professional Year Engineering are made to Engineering Education Australia.
Application process is as following:
Step 1. Complete the EEA application form
Step 2. Submit application with all certified supporting documentation to Engineering Education Australia (EEA) at email@example.com for assessment (For a list of what documents are required, please refer to the application form) and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3. Applicant will be contacted regarding initial acceptance of the application with an application acknowledgement letter. Once payment has been received the applicant will be advised of the progression to the next stage of the process – an interview time with Monash Professional Pathways.
Step 4. Applicant to be advised of class location and start time details once the interview process is complete.
Please note that EEA's last date to approve an application is ONE WEEK prior to the intake date, so we encourage you to submit your application at last 2 weeks prior to the intake.
Refer to the Professional Year Calendar and Fees page for details of class options.
Please note that laptops are not provided for this course, so please bring your own device.
Contact us on 03 9903 8788 if you have any questions.
Monash College respects your privacy. We will not sell or give away your personal information, unless required by law. Occasionally, we may use your details for our own research purposes or to let you know about other Monash College information. Information can be found in the Monash College Student Privacy Collection Statement on how to obtain your personal data, modify your details, or how to make a request to stop receiving information from us.