Becoming a host company with Monash Professional Pathways gives your organisation an opportunity to guide and mentor the next generation of young professionals. Industry experience is a critical career foundation, but it can be difficult for students and graduates to obtain without support. Contributing well-supervised vocational internship placements provides a vital leg-up for these graduates, and helps widen and enrich the talent pool from which Australian employers can draw.
The benefits are real
- Help capable and enthusiastic graduates get a foundation of industry experience on which they can build a career.
- Contribute to the health of your profession by providing graduates with a guided introduction to the world of professional work.
- Broaden the cultural diversity of your organisation.
- Gain exposure to a talent pool of motivated individuals for potential employment.
What we ask from host companies
There are no prerequisites for host companies in terms of size or staff numbers. We simply ask you to:
- Allocate a supervisor from within the organisation to oversee the internship placement.
- Work with us to develop and agree on a Training Plan for the intern prior to placement.
- Involve the intern in the daily routines and operations of the company.
- Provide an appropriate, supportive and safe training environment for the intern.
- Provide a reference for the intern at the end of the internship.
- Contact Monash Professional Pathways if you have any concerns regarding the internship or the intern.
Take the next step
If you would like to find out more about providing vocational internship placements please register your interest via our online form. One of our Placement Consultants will contact you to discuss your potential involvement and answer any questions you might have.