We are proud to present our exclusive Career Package for Professional Year participants. Designed to give you a competitive edge as you establish your career, this extensive set of career resources is available to you alongside your program and beyond graduation.
Through this package you will gain access to career support services, technical training, skills endorsements and professional development.
Exclusive Monash career services:
- Access to Monash University Career Connect services, including job listings for career and casual work opportunities.
- Access to Monash University’s Leap into Leadership Online program, a suite of online modules covering skills such as personal branding, time management, strategic thinking and more. This service is used by Monash University staff and students and is highly recommended.
- One on one consultation with a Monash Professional Pathways Placement Consultant to help fine tune your CV and cover letter, review applications and provide feedback.
- Exclusive professional development and industry specific workshops.
You get unlimited access to online courses on Lynda.com to improve technical skills, as well as soft skills such as communication, employability and workplace etiquette.
Improve technical skills in areas such as;
- MYOB, Excel
- Xero accounting software training (through Xero.com)
- AutoCAD, Matlab, Solidworks, Prince 2 project management.
Professional Badge Program
This upcoming program will help employers recognise the skills you have developed through your PY program. These official badges are awarded by Monash Professional Pathways in areas such as skills excellence, attainment of competencies (based on assessment) and awards such as Outstanding Intern. These badges are a sign of professional excellence which you can show to future employers.
The Career Package demonstrates our commitment to your career success and will set you apart from other candidates in competitive job markets.
The Professional Year Programs
Monash Professional Pathways offers Professional Year Programs for overseas students who have acquired an Australian qualification, in accounting or ICT, as a result of at least two years study in Australia.
^Successful completion of the Professional Year does not guarantee permanent residency.